Monday, December 15, 2014


I took Raney for a walk with my friend, Laurie, which was good...  Got to the hospital at about 11:00, I guess...

Harv had already seen one doctor before I got here. And, that doc said that the surgeon will come around to see Harv later today... (The surgeon is the same one who did my hernia surgery a few months ago.) We don't KNOW that he'll need surgery, but the surgeon will look at the CT scan and determine what the obstruction looks like and what it's doing to his small intestine.  Maybe we'll get lucky and the obstruction will straighten itself out and all will be well... Maybe he'll have to have some assistance to make things right. And, maybe surgery is the best option for the greatest success...

I'm hoping that surgery isn't needed.

Most of you who have ever been in a hospital know that feeling of being hungry or needing fresh air or needing to check on things at home or whatever it might be but you're afraid to leave the room 'cause that's when the doctor is most likely to come. That's where I am right now....

And, almost always the not knowing is worse than the knowing -- even if finding out what is, is not what you'd choose.

Thank you for checking on us. Thank you for praying for us. Thank you for loving us.

Peace.

No comments: