Wednesday, December 31, 2014


Last night as I was drifting off to sleep, I moved the covers ever-so-gently 'cause I have a sore foot... I thought to myself how heavy those covers are. And, I didn't think it in a good way at first and then I realized that I am very, very fortunate to have heavy covers....especially these past few days.

I started thinking about the things I am thankful for... And then I thought I should make a list of all the wonderful things that are a part of my life. The list that follows is only partial... Too many blessings to count...
  • Harvey -- that he's here again this year...that he is my husband and the father of my children
  • the medical professionals that have worked and are working to extend his life and have done an amazing job so far
  • my sister, Laura's, medical team who are continuing to work to improve her health and that the current treatment seems to be working
  • Sarah's and Hannah's teachers, coaches and friends
  • Celeste's friends and co-workers 
  • my friends - walkin' buddies, fellow foodies, Facebook friends, friends I see in person and friends I don't get to see enough...and even friends I'm still gettin' to know better.
  • Sehome Cross Country -- for the blessings that my girls have had through it and for all the friends I've made through it... Cross Country Mamas forever!
  • my family -- sisters, brother, sister-in-law and brother-in-law, nieces, nephews, cousins, and those who feel like family even though we're not technically related (Leesburg peeps and others who have been a support to our whole family -- especially during the last six years)
  • good food -- and plenty of it
  • a warm bed with plenty of covers
  • a sweet and amazing dog-child who has made my life richer than I ever even imagined was possible 
  • two sweet kitties...and our sweet, bad kitty Reba who went to animal heaven this year.
  • where I live -- my city and my home -- we are surrounded by beautiful forests, the endless ocean, and enormous mountains...
  • being able to travel freely to places near and far... and the gift of new French friends. :-)
  • the blessing of lifelong friends
  • really wonderful neighbors
  • reliable transportation
  • toys, all kindsa toys
  • books -- REAL ones and electronic ones
  • K-Boards.com 
  • my eyes (and the blessing of being able to have glasses now that I need 'em) and ears and working fingers and toes... 
  • overall good health even though I'm reaching the age where the warranty has expired and things are starting to show signs of wear and tear
  • the woods and trails near us -- & the fresh air that goes with 'em
  • plenty of clothes to wear
  • creativity
  • a washing machine and dryer
  • a working indoor bathroom with a warm shower 
  • memories of good parents
  • music
  • quiet
  • conversations with people I love
  • good in-laws... :-)
  • pieces of the past that live on in my house
  • family recipes
  • celebrations
  • children that have brought lots of joy
  • the little "boring" moments of life
  • laughter
  • a really good life -- in spite of moments I would not have chosen if I were directing the play...
No tellin' what the next year will bring, but I know it will include more blessings than I'll be able to count.

Here's wishing you all a very happy 2015 with bounteous blessings, great love, and an abundance of peace & hope & joy.

No comments: