Tuesday, December 16, 2014

I am the slowest movin' person in the world when it comes to gettin' to the hospital.  Dawg! 

Anyway, I had a lovely night's sleep last night, took Raney for a walk this morning and then crammed in a couple of errands. Today I took the time to luxuriate in a shower. Ahhhhh! 


I also decided to just go for it.  I wore my Christmas pj's to the hospital. I know. I know. None of you southern girls woulda done it...and it's not something my mother raised me to do. ;-) But doggone it. I just wanted to be comfortable if I'm sittin' around all day anyway. So... there you have it. 

Harv called and texted me multiple times from about 6:00 in the morning until I got finished with my walk. (We've been having trouble rec'ving and sending messages to each other for some reason. Maybe it's time to upgrade??? We're a few models behind the times. Maybe they're just wearing out???)

Anyway, when I finally spoke to him he told me that he had had a good night's sleep and that he's not feeling any pain and hasn't since about 9:00 last night. We're not sure if that means that the NG tube has removed the blockage ... or if the small intestine is loosening up and behaving. Or maybe both?? 

He's walked a fair bit this morning already and he is currently chewing gum which sometimes helps his system wake up and start moving things through.

He is currently responding to emails and has what I would say is a fair bit more energy than yesterday... He's about to start watching the Food Network. He does that a lot when he's in the hospital...and I think he's gonna want to cook when he gets home.  I'm not good sharing my kitchen, but I'll try. :-)

I imagine we'll just be hangin' today... Thanks for tuning in... Lots of love to you all!

No comments: