Friday, February 26, 2016


There are days I just can't get over the goodness that surrounds me.

A couple of weeks ago, a friend texted me and asked if I needed any help with house projects. Turns out I had a little project that I thought I needed help with (though later it turned out that I think I could've done it all by myself)... so I said "I would LOVE it if you could help me with..." I bought the supplies for the job and he showed up a few days later and just took care of it.

Later, I posted on FB to find out if anybody knew of somebody who could help me with what I thought was a simple thing in the office. A friend volunteered to help me, came over, saw what needed to be done and came back later to take care of it. (And in the meantime two or three other friends also volunteered to do it.) 

Two days ago, I looked out the window to find a friend gettin' ready to prune my apple trees....for the FOURTH year in a row. I didn't ask him to do it. He just showed up. 

Now, when my friend, Todd, offered to help, the verse in the Bible about helping the widows and the orphans popped into my head and all of a sudden it occurred to me that I'm one of those.... I knew it, but hadn't associated myself with needing to be taken care of... It was (and still is) an odd thing to think about. It's a very beautiful thing and very strange to be in this spot.

I am in awe of the wondrous love of friends that surrounds me.... Just can't get over it.

These days, I find myself crying more than I have before... And, as I told my friend, Laurie, I don't really mind the tears but I am often surprised when they show up... Sometimes they don't stop for a few minutes.

The times I feel them most strongly, lately, are when my children do something that I know he'd love to see... And, I often want to tell him something or ask him something. Or, go to sleep with him next to me -- rubbin' my head... Or, wake up with him next to me.

Oh... this grief thing. It is sumpthin' else!

Thank goodness for all the love around me. Thank goodness. 

No comments: