Tuesday, July 23, 2013


You know what I love?

People whose faith is genuine, solid, deep and real.

Today a wonderful lady from our church came by for a visit. I know that God is in her. I know that He is real to her. She spoke lots of words of wisdom. And, she spoke words my soul needed to hear.

A few nuggets from our visit:

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the water, I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; 
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
                            -Isaiah 43:1-3


"Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.
                       -Isaiah 43:18, 19

"Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God, 
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary, 
and His understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary, 
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary, 
they will walk and not be faint.
                           -Isaiah 40-28-31


And, this line from "Great is Thy Faithfulness":
"Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow..."

Sometimes a girl needs special words. Sometimes she receives them better than at other times. Today was one of those days.

Thankful.

No comments: