Saturday, July 20, 2013

Waiting


We're waiting for more instruction from Dr. Lin regarding what we're gonna do to make that cancer go away. The other day he talked about combining chemo with an immune booster as the next step. And, I imagine, that when the insurance company approves it, that's what will happen next.

In the meantime, I'm not really into giving any time to the evil little things growing inside Harv. I want to attack, attack, attack!

Don't get me wrong, though, I don't actually look forward to being in the infused chemo stage again. While Harvey handled it well, it was still pretty unpleasant. 

It's a funny thing being in this seat... we were scared at first 'cause we didn't know ANYTHING and it all sounded so ominous. And, then, we had success with treatment and we got relatively "comfortable" with things -- pushing mortality out of our minds for the most part. And, then, we see these little dots on the CT scan and a little bit of "scary" comes back (at least to me).

The thing is, while I want Harvey to be here forever, I don't actually fear death for him. The scary part for me is the possibility that he will be uncomfortable or in pain or feel sick...'cause I can't really help him.  I'm not very satisfied with "the unknown." And, I don't want our girls to worry about their Papa. 

So, all of this is to say: please pray that Dr. Lin  will soon come up with a successful way to shrink the tumors so that Dr. Park can do another surgery in a couple of months.... And, please pray that whatever the treatment is will be handled well (by all of us).

We have had a really busy, but happy summer. The weather's been beautiful. The activities have been fun. The visits have been wonderful. And, we're not finished yet. (Please pray for safe travels for those of us who have plans that extend beyond Bellingham.)

Thanks for lettin' me get some things out of my head...  Love you.

No comments: