Wednesday, July 31, 2013


I've spent most of this week trying NOT to get ready to go to Seattle for two weeks.  :-) I created a few projects to do around the house and got absorbed in them. That was kinda fun. 

Today, however, I had to face reality... I threw a whole bunch of clothes in a suitcase and piled a whole bunch of papers and things in a chair. Harv and I attached the bike rack to my car and loaded the bike. 

We aren't sure how long we'll be in SEA, but we're planning on two weeks. And, then we'll re-evaluate to see if we want to just do daily trips for the remainder of the six weeks.  We even thought of sending Harv to Seattle on the Bolt bus if the docs think it'll be okay for him to ride by himself. That'll be cheaper than a hotel and cheaper than driving. AND, it has wireless on board... 

Friends of friends have given us the gift of house-sitting while they're out of town... Two different situations. Very, very thankful!!! And, then we have a hotel room for a couple of nights at the end of next week...

Also at the end of next week, I'm gonna ride in Obliteride. I signed up for the 50 mile and, if Harv is doing well, I will go for it. If, however, I'm going crazy at the end of next week, I might do the 25. Thank you to all of you who have donated so far! What I love about this ride is that all of the money goes to research at Fred Hutchinson Research Center -- the place that has been EXTREMELY instrumental in saving Harv's life.  

So -- for those of you who pray, please pray that Harv responds well to treatment, that he doesn't feel bad from the treatment and that we can figure out the whole driving to and from thing... (and for those of you who don't pray, please think good thoughts and send good vibes.)

Also, please continue to pray for Sarah and Hannah while they're on their trip. They've been having a good time and helping make a difference for people in New Orleans. Thankful that they've had this opportunity and am REEEEEAAAAAAALLLLLLYYYYY looking forward to having those teeny weensy little baby girls home. 

Thank you, friends!! We love you!

1 comment:

Betsy True said...

Thinking of you all!!