Friday, April 27, 2012

I'm whooped.

It's been a good day. Friends came to sit with me and Celeste when Harv went to surgery.... And they brought sushi!!

Harv did have a little bit of relief overnight, but not a significant amount and after discussing with Dr. Pietro, we decided to go ahead with surgery. He was scheduled for surgery at about 1:00, but it didn't really start until after about 2:00.

Dr. Pietro came out about and hour or so ago to tell me the following:
- the surgery went well
- able to do it all laparoscopically
- they successfully removed the tumorous part of the colon
- he looked around in the abdomen and didn't see any evidence of other tumors
- the margins around the tumorous part of the colon looked good
- he removed lymph nodes
- the tumor will be sent to the lab to see how cancerous it is
- the colon should be happier in a couple of weeks
- he may want to eat jello tonight and tomorrow might feel like solids
- he'll need to stay in hospital until he's able to handle colostomy bag by himself, etc.

I am thankful for lots of things.... Today, I am thankful for doctors who know what they're doing, nurses and support staff who try to make our lives easier, coffee, wine, sushi, friends who support me, Celeste, Sarah, Hannah and Harvey.

Haven't seen Harv yet. Think it will be soon. Am hoping to get home before too crazily long.... I think I'll sleep pretty well.

Love you, people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M NOT KIDDING!!!!!!! Mwah! Mwah! Mwah!

1 comment:

Kris Kurtis said...

Thank you for keeping us updated and allowing us to share your journey. Just wanted you to know your entire family is in our prayers.
Kurtis Family