Friday, August 1, 2008

Another good book

While we were on vacation -- camping on the coast of Oregon -- I read So B. It by Sarah Weeks. It's a young adult novel. I loved it. I loved the voice. I loved the characters. I loved the story. I think you'll love it, too.
Heidi lives with her mother, who is mentally disabled and Bernadette, a neighbor with her own disabilities. That's the only life Heidi has ever known and at the age of 13 her curiosity about her mother takes her on a long bus ride to New York state. The journey is so well-told and it takes hold of the reader. The reader is introduced to various characters along the way...all of whom the reader relates to on some level.
I've really enjoyed reading children's books lately. In fact, I may just concentrate on them.
I recommend that you read So B. It. I'd like to hear what you think.

No comments: