Saturday, January 30, 2016

Sometimes


Here's the thing... 

I am surrounded by love. Love from family and love from friends... Love expressed a million different ways. And I am very, very thankful. I look forward to times with friends. I love getting real mail...and email...and FB messages and posts.  

And, I look forward to time all alone. I love those evenings when nothing's on the calendar or the days when I have no errands to run and it's just me and Raney at home. I love that.

But sometimes....

Sometimes I want to do nothing with nobody and still have Harv in the house.

I'd love to fix dinner and eat it in front of the tv while we each do our separate thing. I'd love to tell him goodnight ('cause I get sleepy earlier than him) and then go on up to bed knowing that he's downstairs watching the commentary for a movie we watched. Or, stayin' up to watch "Jaws" or "Rocky" 'cause nobody else wanted to watch it with him.

And, I'd kind of like to be able to fuss at him 'cause he's too wiggly when he gets in the bed after I've almost fallen asleep.

I don't mind being alone... but I would prefer to be alone with him.

No comments: