Tuesday, December 29, 2015


It occurred to me today that my best friend is not here.... Of course, I've known this, but it occurred to me in a new way. 

Harv and I had reached a point in our relationship (almost 20 years of marriage) where we were just comfortable with each other. It was nice to have someone at home that you didn't have to be "ON" for. We could just BE. That's one of the great things about a long relationship... Feeling at home with each other.

Yes. We annoyed each other sometimes. But, we loved each other... We had a relationship from the get-go that was easy. We felt comfortable with each other. We didn't have to be on guard or explain ourselves very often. 

That was one of the great things about being married...and being married to Harvey.

He sure was a good one.

I love that he was my best friend in the bestest kind of way... What a gift.

No comments: