Tuesday, August 25, 2015




Still waiting to hear from the radiation oncologist... I called yesterday and spoke to his assistant who said that UW still had not sent his scans to them... She was gonna contact them and see what she could see. We hoped we'd hear from her today, but we didn't. Dr. Taylor doesn't work in Bellingham on Mondays/Tuesdays, evidently.... Hopefully, we will hear something tomorrow.

I have also been in contact with Hospice House to just find out information. We're not ready to sign up for that quite yet, but we think it'd be helpful to hear what it's all about. The nurse I spoke with was very helpful and said they can come to the house to discuss everything. 

The girls (all three of them) and I had a good talk last night about reality. It was hard, but it was good. I think all of us needed to just release some emotion together. 

Harv continues to either be uncomfortable or in pain. And, occasionally, when he exerts himself (walks to mailbox, stands up too long, walks up stairs too soon) sometimes he gets sick. That's not much fun. He's not eating much, but I'm trying to fill him with protein and some fatty stuff. A friend gave me a great recipe that, to me, tastes like custard... He liked it.

He's been sleeping much of most days. 

I've told the girls that I either want him to be healed or I want him to be healed. I don't want him to feel bad anymore. I don't want to lose this good man who is my husband, but I want him to stop being sick. 

I do not know how to do any of this... But we will do the best we can... 

Please pray for all the right things... whatever those things are... I don't even know how to pray.  Pray for our children. Pray for his siblings. Pray for his parents... And pray for me... 

Thank you so much for loving us.

Many blessings to you all.

No comments: