Tuesday, June 16, 2015

My Teeny Weensy Baby Girls


Oh my goodness... About thirty seconds ago, Sarah and Hannah were born...and about thirty seconds after that, they went to preschool....And then kindergarten.

How in the world did they get to be eighteen in just a little over a minute and a half?

In a few days, they will graduate from HIGH SCHOOL!!!! 
My teeny weensy baby girls who slept in the same crib for a few months 'cause they fit in one -- first side by side and then toe to toe.
My teeny weensy baby girls who were very afraid of the giant Carl Cozier playground when they arrived in kindergarten.
The creative, intelligent little girls who didn't really like much food other than chicken nuggets and pepperoni pizza.
The little girls who did not love swimming lessons... 
Who sometimes wanted to assert themselves and their preferences for clothes and who taught me the phrase "I wanna do what I wanna do."
The girls who took about 15 books to bed at night instead of stuffed animals.

Oh man... how in the world did THOSE little girls turn into young ladies so quickly?

Their high school years did, in fact, go very fast. People told me it would happen...and it did. But those years have been full of some really great memories (and a couple of family events that I would like to throw back and request a do-over). They've been great students and have studied the violin and become runners... They've made the most of their years of school while balancing it with just plain ol' regular life. 

They will start school in the fall at Western Washington University. And, while they will be close, they will no longer be living at home... which will be very, very strange. I might even miss them a lot.

Oh my goodness, I think I just might miss them.

Thankful for so many good family members and friends and teachers and coaches and families who have made their lives (and mine) so much richer. 

I am SO thankful that someone out there decided that those two little girls should be created and that I would be the lucky winner... There are no words that can express the gratitude that I feel... 

The tears might start pretty soon...  


No comments: