- We left home at 5:00 this morning...and fortunately, all appointments ran on time.
- Harv's tumor markers are up. Didn't get the CEA back yet, but other numbers indicate there's some increase in size &/or number of tumors.
- Dr. Lin thinks that the best thing for now is to start Harv on a trial (soon to be FDA approved) oral chemo to get to work on those tumors.... INSTEAD of starting on proton therapy now.
- So, next week we'll go down again so Harv can have a CT scan before he starts the chemo.
- Tuesday, he'll go to the local pain doc and we'll keep our fingers crossed that that treatment relieves some of his discomfort.
- On the 25th, he'll still go down for the proton therapy consultation just so he has all the information. Dr. Lin thinks it will take a fair bit of time before insurance will approve it but once it's approved, he won't have to get approval again when/if he decides to get that kind of radiation.
- We left SCCA at about 9:00.
- I got a speeding ticket on the way home... :-(
- I'ma take a nap now.