Saturday, April 18, 2015


One of the best people I have ever known in my life died this morning. I can't quite grasp it. It still doesn't seem real. 

I am so thankful that I saw her just last week...

I am thankful for her good friends and my good siblings and her children who have loved her fiercely and many of whom were by her side when she left. I am thankful that I was able to tell her I love her before she let go.

Many of you have been a great support to our family and we are more thankful than we can say.

I'm on my way to Atlanta now. All of her children are together and my siblings are together, too... It will be good to get there to hug them for real.

We are deeply sad, but thankful that she no longer has to fight. She has won.

I am picturing her right now on heaven's front porch with Mama and Papa. It's a peaceful thought. 

No comments: