Thursday, April 23, 2015

Harv had a CT scan today and an appointment with Dr. Lin. (I am still in Georgia so I'm reporting second-hand.)

His CEA count is at about 15 -- which is an increase. The tumor that they radiated in Jan/Feb. doesn't show any increase, but there's another tumor in his liver that does appear to have increased in size... Dr. Lin would like to try one of two types of radiation. One is similar to what he had before. The other possibility is a one-time deal where they shoot the radiation directly at tumor -- through groin using a catheter-type instrument. Either of those two options are gonna take some time (possibly up to a month) to arrange -- both from the stand-point of insurance and just logistically with docs, etc. 

They won't do any kind of chemo right now...but may do some after radiation.

Dr. Lin is a bit baffled by Harv's shoulder/neck pain, but we're also kinda waiting to see if one of the meds Harv is taking kicks in soon. He's been slowly increasing dose with the hopes of avoiding shortness of breath.

I think I've covered it all.

Peace, hope and lots of love to you all.

No comments: