Saturday, February 28, 2015


Good morning, y’all…

Harv’s had a pretty good week all around, I’d say. The fatigue is starting to catch up with him; he’s been sleeping a lot over the past two or three days. Fortunately, he has some new meds for his shoulder/neck pain and it seems to be working.  Two good things about that are that he only has to take it once a day and it makes him a bit drowsy…so he takes it at night. He has had about three days now where he hasn’t used the heating pad or the menthol ointment at all during the day…or night, for that matter. 

I was a bit worried about him sleeping so much and just called the pharmacist to see if she thought the new med is making him sleepier during the day or if it’s most likely the radiation. She thinks it’s the radiation… I’m kind of amazed that he’s sleeping this much, but am hoping that means his body is healing.

He’s also had less of an appetite, but he’s still eating. I’m also trying to keep him hydrated… a little bit of an issue sometimes. My sister, Laura, said it’s so hard to drink as much as they tell you to… And, I’m sure that’s true…but I keep pushing it anyway.

There really isn’t much else to report for now. 

Thank you, again, to all of you who have driven or will drive next week. Three more treatments to go! Yippee!!

No comments: