Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Gifts


Sometimes I'm just mindin' my own business doin' stuff around the house and all of a sudden it'll hit me...
People are amazing!
We've been doing this cancer crap (pardon me) for over three years now... and throughout this time, people have shown love in so many different ways. They've cooked for us and cleaned for us and prayed for us and given gifts to us! They've followed my updates on Facebook. They've walked my dog-child for us. They've gardened for us and played with us and traveled with us. They've listened to us and laughed with us and cried with us. 

Some of them have been people who love Harvey and know him better than they know me. Some of them are MY friends who are loving all of my family well 'cause they love me.

Isn't that astonishing?!

Sometimes the world is so full of yucky stuff...stuff that could tear people apart...but there are STILL so many people out there who want to make a difference when their friends need help.

And, when I think about it, it really makes me tear up. 
It is a breathtaking source of strength. 
It is love in action.
It is a gift.

And we are more grateful than you will ever know.

No comments: