Sunday, November 9, 2014

Dear Sehome Cross Country People,


Yesterday the girls and I went to the State Cross Country meet in Pasco. We drove over to Yakima late Friday night, arrived at our hotel at about 1:30 in the morning and snatched a few hours of sleep before we headed to Pasco for the meet.

We hung out at the meet watching races and enjoying time with the team. And, watched both boys and girls become the State 2A Champions! It was thrilling! 

But, for me, it was thrilling not only 'cause they did so well in the races, but because I feel so strongly that Sehome Cross Country is a family. It has been a great family from the early days through the last meet of their senior year. 

Perhaps slowly at first, but steady nonetheless, I have grown to love and feel a kinship towards all that is Sehome Cross Country.  From the coaches and assistant coaches to the runners who don't know me much at all and to the parents... I am so thankful that our paths have crossed. I'm thankful that my girls (and I :-) ) have been a part of a team that feels like a family. 

As I drove home from the meet last night, I tried to think of the words that would convey this full feeling in my heart for this wonderful team.  I'm not sure I have the words to convey my deep gratitude for such a gift.

So... I will say "thank you." And, when you read those words, think way deeper and way stronger than you might initially think.  

Way deeper.

No comments: