Monday, September 1, 2014

From this day forward...


I just wanna say this:

I know of a really good, solid marriage that's very hard sometimes. Sometimes feelings get hurt. Sometimes communication is fuzzy or non-existent. Sometimes somebody needs to sit in time-out.

I know of a really good, solid marriage that sometimes doesn't even feel that good or that solid...

Sometimes trust is broken. And trust has to be re-learned...and/or earned. 

Sometimes this really good, solid marriage that I know of doesn't even feel very loving. 

Sometimes this really good, solid marriage that I know about looks around at the other marriages and wonders "Do THEY ever have these issues?" 

This really good, solid marriage is made up of two people who might not like each other 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year... 

Really good, solid marriages take a lot of work. Sometimes more work than a person actually FEELS like doing.

But this really good, solid marriage that I know about is committed -- in spite of hurt feelings, bad communication, broken trust, not-loving feelings... 

This particular really good, solid marriage that I know about is made up of two extremely imperfect people working over and over and over and over and over and over and over again to make sure that it lasts until forever. 

So... that's all I wanted to say.

No comments: