Tomorrow Harvey goes to an acupuncturist to try to find relief from some pain he's had in his shoulder/neck area. We would appreciate your prayers that it makes a difference. He's been having trouble sleeping because of this pain.
Dr. Lin called and CEA count is up to 6. He did a blood test to see if a new drug would be helpful. Turns out that drug (don't remember the name) won't be helpful for Harv.
So, he'll start with Avastin (infused) and continue on the Xeloda in combination with that. And, HOPEFULLY it will make a difference and squash those suckers! If it doesn't make enough of a difference, we'll probably need to add something else.
Luckily, the Avastin is easier on his system than some other infused drugs.
Also, Dr. Lin said that there are some approved clinical trials out there for immunotherapy "stuff." Some of those trials have long waiting lists, but we can work with the current drugs while we wait.
Went to the doctor today to get a CT scan of Harv's lungs. Basically, no dramatic difference since last month. So, we'll pretty much stay the course and add a supplement. Depending on what the blood work says, Dr. Lin might add another oral drug for a little more kick. We'll go back in 6 - 8 weeks for another scan to see if there has been anymore change.
On a different note, we had a really nice trip to England and France. We got back last Thursday. We all had a great time doing lots of fun things. London was great. Paris was great. L'Isle D'Abeau, the alps and Solutré were great!! And, our stop in Iceland, though short, was a neat experience, too. (Thank you Delgado Family for hosting us while we were in L'Isle D'Abeau!)
Praying that people all over the place feel hope and peace as they go to sleep tonight.