Sunday, April 20, 2014


On days like today -- Easter -- I often am amazed that I can feel so emotionally connected to something I really can't understand or define even... This morning I really didn't want to go to church. I wanted to stay home and get our Easter lunch ready. I was just going to go to the Easter service and go through the motions that I don't really understand anymore...

I went because I couldn't NOT go to the Easter service. 

As I approached the sanctuary, I felt myself resisting... But I went anyway. And, I could tell when I sat down that emotions were gonna be a part of the service for me and I didn't want that.

The music started. One of the songs was "See What a Morning." I knew it was gonna get to me. 

And, it did. The tears just started rolling down my face. Couldn't stop 'em. Couldn't explain 'em... Didn't want to. I just let it all wash over me. 

I think it's strange to be so moved by something I can't really explain, but it happens.

A few months ago, I was a guest blogger on Willow's blog. So, I came home today and re-read it 'cause it's so mind-boggling to me...

I don't get it...  I just know it's way down deep inside of me...even when I fight it.

Happy Easter, world. 
Many blessings.

No comments: