Thursday, February 13, 2014


We are home... Got home at about 12:45 this afternoon. Harv's doing okay. Resting right now, but moving around the house pretty well. I am whooped. I think it's combination everything, but I feel this tired:



Tomorrow I will be more energetic. Thank you friends...

And, now, I'd like to ask you to join me in praying for a friend who was very recently diagnosed with cancer. Her words below:

I wanted to share something on FB and unashamedly ask for your prayers. I found out this week that I have cancer – but a good prognosis. I have a large mass on my right kidney so the entire kidney will be taken out. The mass is also outside of the kidney and up against the liver, but they don’t think it has gone in to the liver. My lymph nodes are not swollen so that is a good sign, and my lungs are clear, so that is a good sign, as kidney cancer often migrates next to the lungs. At this point, the surgeon thinks the cancer has NOT spread and that he can remove the kidney and mass laparoscopically. If this is the case, I will be finished at that point, aside from monitoring – no chemo or radiation. If they find it has spread, the surgery will be more extensive with long healing time and there may be ongoing treatments. Emory has been great to me through all of this and I feel really good about my doctors and surgeon. It was a lot of information to digest in 2 days! We are hoping I can be scheduled for surgery as early as next week. I ask that you all will pray for me that (1) the cancer has not spread, (2) the surgery and healing will go as expected, and (3) that I will walk through this in a manner that Glorifies God in every way. He is in control of it all, and he is good, no matter the outcome. This is not a secret, please feel free to share with anyone who will pray, and add me to any prayer lists you want to. Thank you!!

GoFightWin!, Laura!

No comments: