Friday, February 7, 2014

I visited with him in recovery before he went to ICU. He was uncomfortable (neck pain from the way his arms were positioned during surgery... kind of a knot in his shoulder/neck area) and his abdomen is not feeling totally cozy either... But! He was in good spirits and was joking with me and trying not to laugh ('cause it hurts to laugh).

I can't remember diddly squat (that's for you, Sarah Chute), but i feel like he's perkier this go 'round than he was after the last surgery. Maaaaybe that's 'cause they didn't take out 60% of his liver this time. :-)

Oh! And, btw, Dr. Park said that his liver looks healthy -- the part that didn't have cancer looks good. So! That's good!

I am now in my hotel room -- drinking a glass of wine (later than I like to) and eating a delicious meat and cheese plate that I made for me. I am not gonna set an alarm tomorrow and I will go over when I wake up.

One thing you notice when you're in a good hospital is how many people are working to make sure you &/or your loved one are well taken care of. There are a lot of cogs to the wheel that is University of Washington Medical Center... and I am thankful for every one of them!

Thank you so much for your well wishes and your prayers and your love.

No comments: