Tuesday, February 11, 2014



Harv is no longer hooked up to anything... Epidural is gone. IV hydration is gone. He's almost a free man! (Still has an IV hooky up thingy in his arm, but that's only if they might need it later.)

He walked a total of 20 laps today! He would say that his system is still not working quite right, but I will tell you that things are gurgling and moving. He can't actually eat real food without some discomfort but I don't think you can say things aren't moving at all. He just has to take it slowly.

Word on the street is that we're gonna be headin' back to Bellingham tomorrow. And that will be good... as long as the patient is sweet and cooperative with the caregiver. :-)

Docs came by just a few minutes ago and suggested that he try some Ensure for a little bit of protein. He'll try a few sips and we hope that it'll go down easily.

I am sittin' here drinkin' a nice lukewarm (the wine chiller at QFC lied to me) glass of rosé (yes, it's February, but I don't really care about that) and trying to unwind.

Harvey has had great care once again. I am thankful that I was able to be down here during his stay.  We'll both be happy to get back home.

Thank you all for keepin' up with us. We love you.

1 comment:

Kimberly G. Giarratano said...

Please send Harvey my best for his recovery. From Kim at RAP.