Tuesday, March 12, 2013


Totally whooped. Got up at 4:45 for our 7:30 appt. this morning... Had to kill about 3 hours between CT and doctor visit.

Basically, the tumors are being stubborn. They're not growing, but they're not really getting smaller.

Dr. Lin would like to remove the right side of the liver 'cause that side has more bad stuff on it. Then let it regenerate so that the tumor on the left side can be removed later. He's not sure if the surgeons will think the liver is clean enough to do that so if they don't, he wants to give Harv a pump with a mixture of chemo that would be released over a period of 48 hours.  Maybe two or three rounds of that...and then hopefully the tumors in the liver would respond enough for surgery.  Possible radiation in there, too...

All of this has been said before...and we keep waiting for the liver tumors to neaten up.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyybbbbbbe, the surgeons will think they're clean enough. We don't know that part.

What I do know is that I'm kinda tired of driving to Seattle. I'm thankful we have a good doctor and I'm thankful that Harv has responded so well so far. But I would like to stop driving to Seattle. I would like to stop having to remind Harv to take pills, or drink water, or eat, or go to bed at a decent time or whatever other things go along with caregiving (which I think Harv might call nagging). I would like to feel like I can plan a few things into the future without wondering if doctor visits/surgery/etc. might interfere.

I would love to have a little bit of "old normal." 

I wouldn't say that we're discouraged at all. Pretty much just tired. 

We are thankful that the tumors aren't growing. Now, we just need the damn things to get smaller... Seriously! 

Thank you for standing with us. Thank you for your support. 

If you haven't read about my bike ride, read the previous post. I'd really like to get the cure for cancer taken care of right away. We can ALL be a part of that. 

Love you people!

1 comment:

GFWer said...

The information at least sounds hopeful still. There is a plan and y'all are doing what you are suppose to do. I think Harv should not be told to take his pills. He can figure that out and both of you would be happier...don't you think? Less stress all around. ☺