Well, they said he has an inflamed colon -- which is not associated with the cancer. They're pretty sure it's a side effect of the chemo.
They're going to do some more tests and the on-call gastroenterologist is gonna check things out to make sure they're doing the right thing. They don't want to treat with antibiotic unless they definitely decide that he needs it. There is a risk of another infection if he doesn't really need an antibiotic.
Looks like he'll be here at least until tomorrow.
I am thankful that he's getting fluids and help with his pain. And I (we both) really have been pleased with his care. You don't ever know for certain, but it really feels like they're being thorough.
And, his CT scan confirmed his dramatic positive response to his chemo treatment.
Please keep praying. Pray for comfort for Harv and clear answers and a solution to this problem. Please pray that he'll feel more like eating and that the fluids do their job.
Pray for the girls that they feel a peace and that they have good sister bonding time. (And, I know it's a bit weird, but pray for my dog-child too. I think she knows somethin's up.)
So amazingly thankful for our friends and family.
We love you!