|Aren't those BEAUTIFUL graphs?!|
We arrived at 8:15 this morning so Harv could prep for the CT scan which was scheduled for 9:30. All went well and then we just needed to wait until Dr. Lin had a chance to review the scan. Our appointment with him was scheduled for 2:30.
So, we moseyed on over to University Village to do mostly window-shopping and grab a bite to eat. We still had time to sit around in the waiting room when we got back.
Fortunately, Dr. Lin was able to see us a little bit early.
Now, I apologize ahead of time for lack of colorful words and detailed explanation, but what I was mostly lookin' for at this appointment was a general announcement of good news.
And, we got it.
Here's a sampling of the notes I took while at the appointment:
- CEA count today was 44!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- "Remarkable response" to the treatment
- can potentially get rid of the tumors
- "almost gone" in the colon
- a few more rounds of chemo (We have 4 more infusions scheduled.)
- another scan in 9 weeks
- will evaluate after that and determine next steps in treatment -- possibly including surgery, maybe including radiation and that will be followed by a maintenance treatment
- Harv has gained some weight back since the start of treatment.
- Dr. Lin was interviewed by and will be on Lifetime discussing this treatment plan.
I almost cried because it was such a wonderful appointment... And, I ended our appointment by giving Dr. Lin a hug.
Thankful once again. ♥