Friday, January 6, 2012


Just a few random thoughts:

• Not sure about Harv (he's still asleep), but I had a good sleep last night. (I hope that doesn't mean I snored soundly while keeping Harv awake. That would be bad.)

• Celeste is coming in a few days!!!! Woo hooo!!

• I saw a counselor yesterday who, I think, is going to be a big help to me --- and perhaps the rest of the family. Plus, she has a good office space with corner windows. :-)

• We have received some wonderful cards and e-mails and phone calls from people we love. Some of them, we haven't seen in YEARS!, but they're still our close friends. It means a lot to us that you would call. Thank you. That being said, though, we wanted to gently say that sometimes we're just tired. We LOVE you for calling us, but sometimes we will just need to let that call go to the answering machine. Please don't be hurt. We'll try to call you back when we can, but our bodies/minds are a little bit more exhausted than usual and sometimes we'll need to honor their wishes.

• Met with friends yesterday who wanted to help me figure out how to let other people help us. Now, that's not something I'm totally comfortable with. Feels a little awkward. But, deep down, I know that when people I love need help, it makes me feel like I'm actually DOING something. One time I read a book that said that part of serving is allowing other people to serve you. I try to remember that when I'm feeling awkward.  I've been told that there are "quite a few" people who want to help. Some in town, some out of town... If, you're one of those, please contact my friends Laurie/ stage-it@earthlink.net or my friend, Shelley/ shelleyknebel@juno.com  

We love you all. We love that you want to help.

THANK YOU!

No comments: