Thursday, December 22, 2011

(sigh)

We didn't get the Christmas present I asked for from God...

Found out late yesterday evening that it is in fact stage 4...and appears to be in his liver and lymph nodes. Prognosis isn't good, but it isn't impossible -- there's still a small percentage of success stories that we're hoping he fits into. If his history is any indication, Harv will be the one of those few that succeed. He excels in most everything.

We don't want to go down this road. We don't want our girls to go down this road. But, we're heading down it anyway. My prayer is that we can head down it peacefully and do what my sister says, "LIGMO" (let it go, move on) each step along the way.

I have a feeling that I'll be asking for help more often than I want to, but I know I'm gonna need it. So, thank you ahead of time.

This afternoon we'll talk to a surgeon, but most likely, we'll be working with oncologists before surgery. Still lots of unknowns, though. Harv's gastroenterologist recommended that we speak to an oncologist here and one in Seattle to make a decision about next steps. If the recommended care is similar in both places, we'll probably stay here. The less travel the better in our opinion. However, we're happy to travel if the treatment is likely to be more successful.

I'm thankful for all the love that is pouring out for us now. These trying times are when a person can definitely see the hand of God -- working through people who love.

More information as I receive it.
Love you all.

5 comments:

Robby said...

Carrie, we've been weeping with and praying for you and your family all day. Please let me know how I can be of help... meals, listening ears, rides (even to Seattle)...

Shannon said...

Carrie and family,
Having walked down the cancer road, I will pray fervently for you all. It is not a fun journey, nor an easy one, but I know that the Lord will be with you all in a way you have never experienced before. Praying for comfort and peace...

Amy Mason said...

Praying for all of you sweet friend! You are so strong and courageous! God will never leave your side.

FPC Cris said...

Heavy hearts for all of you...we hate that you are having to be in this valley. Seven years ago today was my cancer surgery - God's faithfulness has never ceased, His mercies abound, and we pray for His healing hand to touch Harvey. May His peace that passes all understanding give you the strength you need to be there for him and your girls. We are here for you in any way you need us! Sending you tons of love and prayers!!!

Christie said...

Carrie,
I'm so sorry to hear this news. Michael just texted me about it. The journey is not easy, but God will bless you in ways you never imagined. Praying and walking with you every step of the way.....even from across the USA! Love you so much! Christie Jane