Thursday, December 22, 2011
Found out late yesterday evening that it is in fact stage 4...and appears to be in his liver and lymph nodes. Prognosis isn't good, but it isn't impossible -- there's still a small percentage of success stories that we're hoping he fits into. If his history is any indication, Harv will be the one of those few that succeed. He excels in most everything.
We don't want to go down this road. We don't want our girls to go down this road. But, we're heading down it anyway. My prayer is that we can head down it peacefully and do what my sister says, "LIGMO" (let it go, move on) each step along the way.
I have a feeling that I'll be asking for help more often than I want to, but I know I'm gonna need it. So, thank you ahead of time.
This afternoon we'll talk to a surgeon, but most likely, we'll be working with oncologists before surgery. Still lots of unknowns, though. Harv's gastroenterologist recommended that we speak to an oncologist here and one in Seattle to make a decision about next steps. If the recommended care is similar in both places, we'll probably stay here. The less travel the better in our opinion. However, we're happy to travel if the treatment is likely to be more successful.
I'm thankful for all the love that is pouring out for us now. These trying times are when a person can definitely see the hand of God -- working through people who love.
More information as I receive it.
Love you all.