Thursday, January 1, 2009

There's a hole...

It occurred to me -- perhaps long after other people had come to the same conclusion -- that Christmas was hard for me because I miss my parents.

I had a really good sobbing kind of cry one day shortly before Christmas. Things that were bothering me sounded like little things, but after talking it through, I realized there's a hole in my Christmas season this year -- and I guess a hole in all the years to come.

While I'm aware that I haven't actually spent many recent Christmases with my parents, they've always been just a phone call away. This year, I can't even get that close.

Tomorrow would be Mama's 85th birthday. I think I'll watch the video that I posted of her 80th birthday and maybe that'll make me feel better. Of course, I'll be wearing a white shirt while I watch.

In the meantime, enjoy this painting that my dear friend, Carol, painted for my Christmas present. I love it.

Wishing you all a 2009 filled with peace and many joys!

No comments: