Friday, August 8, 2008

Just feels good...

Pretty much everyday I wake up wanting to call my mother and check in. And then I realize she's not going to be on the other end of the phone. That's about the time I start to deflate.

But everyday when I come down to my computer, I find staring at me, a photograph of my parents' house. The one where I grew up. I put it on my computer as my desktop photo. There's something very comforting about seeing the front porch and the front yard looking back at me. And, while it DOES NOT replace talking to my parents, it does give me a warm feeling inside.

Somewhere in all the wonderful memories and all the comforts of home is a story just waiting to get out. Not sure how it's going to develop and it may take me a LONG time, but someday I'll write a story that honors both of my parents and all the love they put into our growing up ... The house &/or the porch will definitely be a character in that story.

No comments: